From buying a cell signal booster to a complete install, you must spend much money, time, and troublesome efforts as well. For example, you need to drill, set up outdoor and indoor antennas and run cable throughout your entire home.
So, you understand that completing the setup of a cell phone booster is quite a troublesome task. However, once you properly install the cell booster, normally a question may arise in your mind that whether the best cell signal boosters are really worth every penny. So, let’s clear the truth.
7 Reasons Why You Need Signal Boosters
1. Experience No Dropped Calls
The Pew Research Center gave a statistic that 72% of American cell phone users are experiencing dropped calls from the beginning and among them, 32% of users frequently experience dropped calls daily.
So, if you’re one among the 32%, then don’t worry as you can remove your spotty coverage area in your home or car or your office using a cell signal booster.
2. Reliable & Consistent Signal
There are many disrupted materials that can interfere with cell signals (Read this article to know what materials can interfere with cell signals) and even bad weather can interrupt cell signals badly.
So, if you use a cell signal booster then these interrupted variables can’t hinder your cell phone signal as the cell signal booster is designed to amplify signals even if you stay in a remote area.
3. Simple Installation & Maintenance
The installation process and the maintenance of a cell signal booster are not so complicated if you follow the right guidance.
You can easily set up it yourself by connecting the outdoor and indoor antennas to the cell phone booster.
If you want to get experienced technicians to set up your cell signal booster then you may get help from here.
4. Enhance Public Safety
According to the FCC, the cell signal booster enhances public safety as it allows consumers to make an emergency call 911 in disruptive areas where it’s so tough to get cellular or wireless signals.
With a cell signal booster, you can definitely get better signals inside your home, office or car than the outside weak signal.
5. Increases Battery Life
You know that weaker cell signals consume battery power rapidly and on the contrary stronger cell signals increase battery life as your cell phone requires less energy to receive and send data.
So, if you’re living in an area where your cell phone gets very poor cell coverage that results in the battery power of your cell phone getting drained rapidly, then you should obviously think of investing in a cell signal booster.
6. Saves Your Investments
As you know cell phones are becoming expensive day by day for adding valuable features.
So, your investment in cell phones can be useless if you don’t get proper cell signals when you need them. Consequently, a cell signal booster can make your investment effective if you choose the right one.
7. Get Always Connected
Now we live in the era of a data-driven population and most of us prefer to get connected online.
In 2017, according to the Pew Research Center, 85% of American adults prefer to get news online, and above 50% of this group prefer to get real-time breaking news and social media update alerts on their cell phones.
So, the weaker cell signal will obviously disrupt our online activity and by research, we found that 77% of cell phone users experience slow download and upload speed and slow content loading.
So, a cell signal booster is a perfect solution for consumers to access the internet with stronger signals when the consumers require cell phone internet instead of wifi.
Read also, How to Measure Signal Strength? Best tips for 2023!
1. How can I boost my cell phone signal for free?
There are several ways to boost your cell phone signal for free:
- Restart your phone: Sometimes, simply restarting your phone can help improve its signal.
- Remove phone case: A phone case may block the signal, so removing it can help improve your phone’s reception.
- Use airplane mode: Turning on airplane mode and then turning it off can help reset your phone’s connection to the network and improve its signal.
- Make a call: Making a call can sometimes help establish a stronger connection with the network.
- Check for network outages: Before trying to boost your signal, check if there are any network outages in your area that might be affecting your phone’s connection.
Note that these methods may not work for everyone and the results may vary depending on the phone and network.
2. How do you install a signal booster?
Installing a cell phone signal booster typically involves the following steps:
- Determine the coverage area: Measure the size of the area where you need better cell phone reception and choose a signal booster that can cover that area.
- Install the outside antenna: Mount the outside antenna in a location that has the best possible signal, typically on the roof or outside wall of your building.
- Run the cable: Run the cable from the outside antenna to the location where the signal booster will be installed.
- Install the signal booster: Place the signal booster in a central location where it can receive the strongest signal from the outside antenna.
- Connect the inside antenna: Install the inside antenna in a location where you need better signal, such as your home or office.
- Connect the cable: Connect the cable from the inside antenna to the signal booster.
- Power on the signal booster: Plug in the power supply for the signal booster and turn it on.
- Adjust the antennas: Fine-tune the positions of the antennas for optimal performance.
It’s important to follow the instructions that come with the signal booster carefully and to comply with any regulations regarding the installation of signal boosters in your area.
3. Where do you mount a cell booster?
The ideal location to mount a cell phone signal booster depends on several factors, including the layout of your building and the location of the nearest cell phone tower. In general, it’s best to mount the outside antenna in a location that has the best possible signal, typically on the roof or outside wall of your building. This allows the antenna to receive the strongest possible signal from the nearest cell phone tower.
The signal booster itself should be placed in a central location where it can receive the strongest signal from the outside antenna, such as a closet or utility room. The inside antenna should be placed in a location where you need a better signal, such as your home or office.
It’s important to note that the location of the cell phone tower, the strength of the signal, and the layout of your building can all affect the performance of the signal booster, so it may be necessary to adjust the placement of the antennas for optimal performance.
4. How do I connect my cell phone to a booster?
Once you have installed a cell phone signal booster, connecting your phone to it is simple:
- Turn on your phone: Ensure that your phone is turned on and has a good battery charge.
- Scan for available networks: Your phone should automatically scan for available networks and display a list of available options.
- Connect to the booster network: Choose the network with the name of your signal booster from the list of available networks and connect to it.
- Enter password (if required): If your signal booster requires a password, enter it when prompted.
- Wait for the connection: Your phone should connect to the signal booster network automatically. Wait a few moments for the connection to be established.
- Check the signal strength: Once your phone is connected to the signal booster network, check the signal strength to ensure that it has improved.
It’s important to note that the specific steps for connecting to a signal booster may vary depending on the type of phone and signal booster you have. Be sure to consult the instructions that come with your device for more information.
So, Are cell signal boosters worth the Investment?
To truly say, whether cell signal boosters are worth it or not depends on the situation as most smartphones come with wifi calling as well as most carriers support wifi calling that lets you connect the network through the internet.
So, if you think that you have a reliable wifi connection in your home or office then, you don’t need to use a cell signal booster as you can use wifi calling instead.
But what will be for the poor network coverage area where wifi connection is also very weak.
So, for the poor cell coverage area, a quality cell phone booster is really worth the investment that can enhance the weaker coverage area for multiple cell phones simultaneously.