If you are a video game lover, I’m pretty sure you are quite familiar with Nintendo Switch, a video game console (developed by Nintendo). Suppose you are in a hotel and you need to connect your Nintendo Switch to the hotel wifi.
Connecting Nintendo Switch to the hotel WiFi isn’t as easy as you think, especially if you don’t know the connecting procedures. How to connect the Nintendo Switch to hotel wifi?
Go to device settings, then internet settings, search for networks, select the network, and then connect the wifi network to the internet.
Continue reading to learn step-by-step instructions to connect the Nintendo Switch to hotel wifi.
Step-by-step Guide- How to connect Nintendo switch to hotel Wi-fi?
Follow the below simple instructions to connect Nintendo Switch to hotel wifi in a couple of minutes.
Easy 5 steps to connect Nintendo switch to hotel wi-fi:
Step 1- Go to System Settings
First, click on “Settings” to access the settings for hotel wifi.
Step 2- Go to internet settings
You will see the setting page for different settings such as brightness, parental controls, screen lock, and the Internet. Search through the list and click on “Internet.” You will shift to internet settings.
Step 3- Search for Network
You will see a network searching screen on your device when you click on internet settings. Be patient and allow your device to search for available networks. Do not worry; it will not take more than a minute.
Step 4- Choose the hotel wifi network
After a few seconds of searching, you will see a list of available networks. Select your hotel wifi from the available networks list.
Step 5- Connect Wifi network to the internet
When you click on the hotel wifi, it will start connecting the wifi network and then the internet. It is a time taking process that may take 1 or 2 minutes. So wait with patience.
After a couple of minutes, you see a warning message “Registration is required to use this network.”
Go to the bottom of the display screen; there is a “Next” button. Click on the next button to connect to the internet. Once you have clicked, the “Next” process will start.
Wait for a few seconds; you will see a screen with the option “connect now” on the bottom.
Click on internet check and then on “Connect Now.”
You will see the hotel wifi has connected to your console “ successfully connected,” and then press ” Ok.”
Enjoy free hotel Wifi and have fun.
Use a Third-Party Hotspot
The last option is to use a third-party hotspot service like MiFi. These services allow you to connect your device to the internet via Wi-Fi, and they’re often cheaper than paying for hotel access outright.
Just make sure that the service you choose has an available connection in your area, and be sure to bring your own smartphone or laptop with you in case there’s an issue connecting.
How to troubleshoot Nintendo Switch on WiFi?
If you are facing a problem connecting with the Nintendo Switch while connecting to the hotel wifi, change the setup to “not go to sleep” and allow it to connect. It may take ten to fifteen minutes, but in the end, you will see the hotel wifi windows appear to connect.
Why does my Nintendo Switch on Wifi show a problem?
Mostly it does not happen, but if you face the problem, the major reason can be a slow network. Because of the slow network, it takes time to connect, and the device goes to sleep mode.
Besides, You may read this article: How Can I Boost My Wifi Signal? The 10 Best Ways!
Game Recommendations on Nintendo Switch
Looking for some great new games to play on your Nintendo Switch? Here are some of our favorite games to hit the console in recent months.
- Fire Emblem Warriors: If you’re a fan of strategy games, then you need to check out Fire Emblem Warriors. This crossover between the Fire Emblem and Dynasty Warriors series is a lot of fun and offers hours of gameplay.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: If you’re looking for an amazing open-world adventure, look no further than The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. This game is massive and offers tons of content to explore and find.
- Splatoon 2: If you’re a fan of shooters, then Splatoon 2 is definitely worth checking out. This game is colorful, fast-paced and lots of fun.
- Super Mario Odyssey: Super Mario Odyssey is another great game from Nintendo that’s sure to please fans old and new alike. This game has it all – platforming, puzzling, action – it’s truly a masterpiece!
- Stardew Valley: This farming simulator is one of the best games available on Nintendo Switch. It’s easy to learn, and it has a lot of content for you to explore.
Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs): Connect the Nintendo Switch to Hotel Wifi
1. Does Nintendo Switch support WPA2 Enterprise?
No, currently, WPA2-Enterprise is not supported by Nintendo Switch.
2. Why is my Nintendo Switch not connecting to Hotel Wi-Fi?
You have tried, but your wifi page is not redirecting to the login page; there are a few possible reasons for this problem:
There may be third-party DNS settings activated on your device. Check and deactivate the third part DNS setting on your device.
IP address problems can be another possible reason. To resolve the issue, switch toward the IP address or launch the router’s default page.
3. Why is my hotel Wi-Fi disconnecting?
It mostly happens because of heavy traffic. If the hotel’s network cannot cope with the traffic load, you may see a disconnect problem again and again.
4. Can I connect the Nintendo Switch to hotel Wifi on my laptop?
Yes, you can connect Nintendo Switch to hotel wifi on your laptop. Go to hotspot settings on your laptop and try to connect the Nintendo Switch with hotel wifi.
5. Why is Hotel WIFI greyed out on Nintendo Switch?
The greyed-out network name indicates that the Wifi security type is not compatible with Nintendo Switch.
6. How do I automatically connect to guest Wi-Fi?
If you’re looking for a way to automatically connect to guest Wi-Fi on your Nintendo Switch, there are a few ways you can go about it. One way is to enable the “Auto Connect” feature in System Settings. This will attempt to connect to any available Wi-Fi networks and will be enabled by default.
7. What’s the difference between Wi-Fi and guest Wi-Fi?
Guest Wi-Fi is a wireless network that allows guests to access the Internet without needing to sign in to the host’s account. This type of network can be found at resorts, hotels, and other public places. Guest Wi-Fi connections are usually faster than host Wi-Fi connections, but they’re not always secure.
Free hotel Wi-Fi connection can be a good facility when you stay in a hotel. You can connect to hotel Wi-Fi if you have a Nintendo Switch on your device. It is easy if you follow the above simple instructions.
Don’t miss reading our most popular article!
- The 10 Best Wifi Extenders for Spectrum Internet 2023: To Boost Your Internet Signal!
- The 6 Best Wifi Extenders for Frontier FiOs – Enjoy the Strongest Network 2023