Want to save your cooking time and space in your kitchen? Then you may shift to an instant pot, that’s a in one cooking gadget. An instant pot replaces multiple kitchen appliances like a slow cooker, rice cooker, pressure cooker, egg cooker, steamer, and even a yogurt maker.
So, if you use an instant pot, you don’t have to separately use other cooking appliances which will definitely save you money and time. However, there are many models of Instant Pot in the market and they all are not the same in quality and performance.
After doing lots of research and considering the best instant pot consumer reports, I have found an instant pot that’s highly recommended by most of the users. And that’s nothing but the instant pot duo SV 6qt multi-use pressure cooker and you can definitely put this multicooker in your buggy!!
What is an Instant pot?
The instant pot is a popular brand of multicooker that comes with multi-cooking functions including pressure cooking, steaming, slow cooking, rice cooking, and more.
What is the best seller instant pot in the market?
In fact, there are many models of instant pots on the market available now. Among them the 4 best instant pots are:
- Instant pot duo SV 6qt multi-use pressure cooker
- Instant Pot Duo Crisp 8 Quart11-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Max 6 Quart 15psi Multi-use Electric Pressure Cooker
- Instant Pot Duo Plus Electric Pressure Cooker 6 Quart 9-in-1
Considering Amazon’s reviews and users’ comments, the best seller instant pot in the market is the Instant pot duo SV 6qt multi-use pressure cookerInstant pot duo SV 6qt multi-use pressure cooker. In this article, I am going to review this multicooker.
Instant Pot Reviews Consumer Reports for 2023
- Brand: Instant Pot
- Material: Stainless steel
- Capacity: 6 Quart
- Wattage: 1000 watts
- Item Dimensions: 13.38 x 12.2 x 12.48 inches
- Voltage: 120 Volts
Functionality and Versatility
- Rice & Multigrain: Without pre-soaking, you can cook wild rice, white rice, lentils, and beans perfectly in this multicooker.
- Slow Cook: You can use this 6-quart size Instant Pot Duo SV as an excellent slow cooker and you can make any slow cooking recipes with a satisfactory result.
- Yogurt: Why will you invest in an extra Yogurt maker if you can prepare delicious yogurt in this instant pot? Yes, this 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker comes with a Yogurt function and that’s comparatively slick and quick.
- Sauté: This instant pot also comes with a sauté function that can brown ingredients and bubble off any surplus liquid at the end.
- Pressure Cook: The Instant Pot Duo SV is a multi-use programmable pressure cooker that cooks food comparatively 70% faster than the typical cookers. Besides, you can control the pressure level while cooking food. So, you don’t need to buy an extra pressure cooker as this multicooker provides all the benefits of a traditional Pressure Cooker.
- Steamer: With the steam function, you can steam frozen vegetables, eggs, seafood, and even potatoes within a few minutes.
- Warmer: The Instant Pot Duo SV comes with a KEEP WARM function that automatically starts when the cooking is finished and it keeps your food warm till you eat. In fact, this multi-cooker works like a great food warmer.
13 Smart Programs
This instant pot multi cooker comes with a quick one-touch cooking custom programmable feature that’s designed with 13 smart programs. So, you can use these features in accordance with your cooking needs.
Easy Cleanup Units
The lid and the stainless steel inner pot of this instant pot are dishwasher safe and you can’t think how easier they are to clean! Just throw them in the dishwasher and wipe them with a wet cloth.
The inner pot of this instant pot multi cooker is designed with food-grade stainless steel that ensures healthier meals. Besides, its base is designed with tri-ply that’s fully compatible for any cooking and even sautéing.
Precise Temperature Control
If you want to have soft or juicy flavor meat then you need to apply the method of sous vides water bath. And this instant pot is perfect for sous vide as it allows you to cook at a precise temperature and time.
When it comes to Instant Pots, size definitely matters. The wrong size can mean that your pot is either too small or too big for your needs. That’s why it’s important to consider the size of the pot before making a purchase.
The most popular size of Instant Pot is the 6-quart model. This size is great for families or individuals who cook large meals frequently. If you only cook for yourself or you have a small family, you might want to consider a 3-quart model instead.
Keep in mind that the size of the pot also affects the cooking time. A larger pot will take longer to reach pressure and will also take longer to cook food. If you’re looking for a quick meal, make sure to choose a smaller pot.
No matter what size you choose, an Instant Pot can be a great addition to your kitchen. With so many different sizes available, there’s sure to be one that’s perfect for your needs.
What makes the Instant Pot Duo SV preferable?
The Instant Pot Duo SV is America’s number 1 favorite multicooker that comes with versatile cooking functions.
Besides, this multi-cooker has comparatively tons of Amazon reviews than the other models and most users love this cooker.
In a shorter time and less mess, this multi-cooker allows you to prepare healthier and more delicious meals in the most convenient way.
And even, the price of this instant pot is very reasonable and more worthy compared to its quality and performance.
What Are The Safety Features of The Instant Pot Duo SV
This best-seller instant pot is designed with 10+ advanced safety features including a safe locking lid and overheat protection that help this multicooker not to explode.
If any unexpected incident happens to this instant Pot Duo SV, it will automatically stop its working process instantly or lessen its internal pressure.
So, you can use this multi-cooker safely. To know the details-safety features of the Instant Pot Duo SV, read the following features:
- Steam Release: This comes with a steam valve that shoots out the excess steam from the lid and decreases the pressure within minutes.
- Anti-Block Shield: This instant pot comes with an anti-block shield safety feature that doesn’t let any particles enter the steam release pipe. So, you can use this multi-cooker without suffering any blockage issues.
- Safety Lid Lock: It’s an important feature that automatically becomes locked when the instant pot is pressurized.
- Lid Position Detection: This multicooker doesn’t start pressure cooking until the lid is placed securely.
- Automatic Pressure Control: This pressure cooker automatically stops cooking if the pressure goes beyond the level of its standard limits. So, you can use this as the best instant pot pressure cooker.
- Automatic Temp Control: Its automatic temp control feature ensures the safety range of the temperature. so the inner pot of this multi-cooker cooks within a safe temp range in accordance with the program.
- Electrical Fuse: You know that the electric fuse cuts off the electricity if the current beat the safety limits. So, this instant pot comes with an electrical fuse that ensures you safe cooking.
- Thermal Fuse: Aside from the electric fuse, this multicooker is also designed with a thermal fuse that turns off the power like the electric fuse while the internal temp goes beyond the safety range.
- Leaky Lid Detection: It’s designed with a leaky lid detection feature that doesn’t let this cooker pressurize if there is any leakage on the lid or steam escapes from the pot anyhow.
How to avoid overheating or burn protection?
The Instant Pot Duo SV comes with an overheat/burn protection feature but this is not well enough to prevent overheating. So, you have to follow these precautions to avoid overheating while cooking:
- Ensure the food is not stuck to the base
- Ensure sufficient liquid to operate the pressure cooker
- Make sure the inner pot is full contacted with the heating element
- After every use, clean the inner pot very well so that starch doesn’t store on the bottom of the inner pot
- Cook at the right temperature as the recipe requires
1. Can you use the Instant Pot for canning?
In fact, you can use the instant pot for boiling-water canning but it’s not perfectly designed for pressure canning. So, you should buy a pressure canner if you want to use it for pressure canning.
2. What is the PSI and what PSI does it use?
The PSI stands for pressure per square inch. The high PSI of this instant pot is (10.2 ~ 11.6)PSI and the low PSI is (5.8 ~7.2) PSI.
3. What is the temperature range?
This 6 Quart Instant Pot Duo comes with different temperature ranges for different functions. For example:
Slow Cooker Mode
- Low Temp Setting: 180-190°F
- Normal Temp Setting: 190-200°F
- High Temp Setting: 200~210°F
Pressure Cooker Mode
- High: 239-244°F
- Low: 229-233°F
- Low: 180F – 190°F
- High: 275F – 302°F
- 145 ~172°F
- 96.8 ~ 109.4°F
4. Can you cook from frozen?
Yes, definitely you can cook from frozen and if you cook following some tricks found online then no one will understand whether you cooked from frozen.
5. How much rice can I cook?
In the 6 qt instant pot, you can cook 8-10 cups of rice.
6. What accessories come with the cooker?
This cooker comes with a stainless steel steam rack, serving spoon, recipes, rice measuring cup, Soup Spoon, manual book, and a cooking timetable.
7. Is it difficult to clean?
No. Using a soft scrubber, you can easily clean this cooker.
8. What is the inner lid made of?
The inner lid is made of stainless steel.
9. Does this instant pot provide any warranty?
Yes, this instant pot comes with a 1-year warranty.
10. How long does the instant pot take to cook rice?
If it’s brown rice, then it takes about 30 minutes to cook.
11. Is there a timer for this multicooker?
Yes, for the delayed cooking, this multi-cooker has a 24-hour timer and it keeps warm food for up to 10 hours.
12. Where do I find recipes for the Instant Pot?
There are many places to find recipes for the Instant Pot. The best place to start is with the manufacturer’s website. They usually have a section with recipes specifically for their product.
Another great place to look is on blogs dedicated to cooking with an Instant Pot. These bloggers usually have a wealth of experience and knowledge about Instant Pot cooking and can share their favorite recipes.
Finally, there are many recipe websites that have sections devoted to Instant Pot cooking. These can be a great resource for finding new and interesting recipes to try.
After long research and considering the best instant pot reviews and consumer reports, I highly recommend the instant pot duo SV 6qt multi-use pressure cookerinstant pot duo SV 6qt multi-use pressure cooker as the best cooking gadget on the market. Hopefully, you are happy to read this instant pot duo SV review and will be satisfied using this multicooker for various cooking options.