Cameras are the soul of the modern-day generation. Everybody wants to get the best possible images. Lately, there have been drastic advancements in the field of photography. The improvements have led to more transparent images. Although the demand for digital cameras has been for regular and personal use, the most crucial reason cameras are used is for professional work. Professionals often need to click images in various combinations and a variety of environments.
Sometimes, additional equipment like lenses needs to be attached to the camera. It is to get a better and magnified image of the subject that is supposed to be photographed. Not all lenses will be able to fit the Canon T3i. Therefore, without any further delay, let us browse through the Best Lenses For Canon T3i.
Top 5 Best Lenses For Canon T3i
1. Canon EF-S IS II SLR Lens
This model of a lens is considered to be having the highest value proposition in comparison with its price. The Canon EF-S IS II SLR is ideal for those individuals that have recently started off with photography and need an additional lens that can give an all-round performance.
This lens is meant for novices, however. There are many more options that may seem better to more veteran campaigners. Its price is what brings it to the availability of the standard population of Canon T3i owners.
- The focal length of the lens can be adjusted between 18 mm and 55 mm, while the aperture can be set between 3.5 and 5.6.
- The lens is well formulated and has up to sixteen modifications.
- The image sensors available offer distinct angles of up to seventy hundred fifty degrees.
- The focal point can be adjusted through the gear mechanism.
- The minimum distance at which the focus can be retreated is about four hundred and fifty cm.
2. Canon EF 50mm STM Lens
The Canon EF lens is a smaller lens compared to other lenses for the Canon T3i. It is beneficial for those individuals that want an overall performance. There are many types of lenses that offer different results. The EF 50 mm STM lens is a multipurpose lens that fits well into the kits for most camera operators.
Its pricing is suitable for the younger crowd as it will not exhaust the budget constraints. At a hundred and twenty five dollars, it is feasible for all the benefits it has to offer. One problem that sticks occasionally is the fogging up of the lens when suddenly exposed to warm or cold environments. This phenomenon is called condensation. It can be tackled by using appropriate measures like containing it in a plastic bag. There are anti fog waxes that can be applied to the lens, but the condensation might still be present on the internal lens.
- The focal length is set to fifty millimeters, while the maximum aperture is at f/1.8 millimeters.
- There is a wide variety in the types of photography available to the photographer. The angles are available at forty degrees, twenty seven degrees, and forty six degrees laterally, upright, and diagonally respectively.
- The minimum distance at which the focus can be retreated is about three hundred and fifty cm.
- The autofocus feature enables the user to click better and more stable images. It also helps when videos are recorded.
3. Canon EF-S STM Lens
The Canon EF-S is a twenty four millimeter focusing lens. It is the slimmest lens available in the category of lenses for T3i. What makes it incredibly useful is the ability to adapt to its surroundings. Whenever the landscape requires a broader perspective, it feeds that to the camera, providing an immense amount of depth to the horizon image.
The lens comes in a variant that comes with an additional polarized lens. The price of the polarized variant is one hundred and seventy one dollars. It is quite a jump from the base price of one hundred and forty nine dollars. It barely consumes any space in the kit of a photographer and is an essential element in the kit.
- It is a “wide angle” lens that can be used to take better landscape images.
- The focal length is set to twenty four millimeters, while the maximum aperture is at f/2.8 millimeters.
- It is one of the most lightweight candidates in the line of lenses available for T3i.
- The aperture setting and lens cut present a beautiful means to click gorgeous sceneries.
- It allows an entirely custom authority over the focussing of points.
- The slim nature of the lens allows it to focus on objects as close as a hundred and sixty centimeters.
- It can be fitted onto Canon Eos models easily.
4. Canon EF-S USM Lens
The USM SLR lens from Canon is another wide angle lens. It is a mammoth of a lens sold at a hefty price of six hundred and forty nine dollars. It is therefore recommended for professionals who have a stable source of income from the industry of photography. If you are willing to purchase this lens for your hobby, the price might come in the way. There is an absence of lens covering called a hood.
- The focal length is set to the highest level of twenty-two millimeters, while the maximum aperture is at f/4.5 millimeters.
- The autofocus feature has the ability to be hybrid. Custom control is provided alongside a digital focus. The custom control can be used by rotating the dial of the lens.
- The focus can be on items as close as nine and a half centimeters away from the face of the lens.
- The aperture style is cyclical, which allows the camera to render natural colors.
- The product is covered under a warranty of one year. It is, therefore, safer to go with.
5. Canon EF USM Telephoto Lens
This USM SLR lens from Canon is a telephoto lens. A telephoto lens is generally used to click objects that are too far away from the cameraman. It can be a brilliant pick for those that are willing to photograph sports activities from outside the ground. It will also be a valuable tool for the purpose of safari based photography. When photographing natural wildlife, it is appropriate to be unnoticed by animals because it can influence their natural behavior, thus defeating the purpose of wildlife camera work. The only issue that could prevent someone from purchasing it would be the hefty price of four hundred and ninety nine dollars.
- The focal length is set to the highest level of eighty five millimeters, while the maximum aperture is at f/1.8 millimeters.
- The closest point that it can focus at properly is at two hundred and eighty centimeters from the face of the lens.
- The angle of view is widened so that it gives the image a view as that of a human eye.
- It is a light attachment for the category of telephoto lenses that can be pretty heavy in general.
- The diameter is three inches, while the fixed length is 2.8 inches.
- Canon offers a warranty of one year from the date of purchase.
- The lens cannot be rotated to zoom in.
- It has the ability to focus autonomously.
Never should you go above your allotted spending limit. You should build a budget to help you survive these challenging and inflationary times. You must make some of your purchasing selections based in part on the cost of the lenses you buy. Besides, it is a fact that most lenses that are available in the market are more or less in the same price range of about one hundred to two hundred dollars.
Therefore, the value angle of the lenses should be carefully examined. If a lens brings more value than another lens at the same price, then the one that brings higher value is preferred. In some instances, the price of the lens is as high as six hundred dollars.
2. Actual Requirements Of The Photographer
The requirements of a photographer are what make the cut to purchase. Wildlife shooting and urban shooting are pretty different. They require separate lenses with additional features. If your purpose of imagery is to capture sporting events and wildlife behavior, it is vital to have a telephoto lens in the kit. Without the proper focal length competence, images can turn out to be distorted.
Telephoto lenses also turn out to be brilliant in the case of astronomical camera work. In certain sports like baseball, golf, and cricket, the balls used are pretty small relative to the ground. Here, it is necessary to capture images from afar so as to not interfere with the field of play. At the same time, you may want to get as close as possible to click pictures. This situation is when telephoto lenses work best.
For close up photography that requires absolute detail, like photographing insects, flowers, eyes, and face close ups, macro lenses are supposed to be used. These lenses work typically by keeping the object three to six centimeters away from the camera. The detail is incredible for such things. For horizon and landscape images, a wide angle lens captures the best possible pictures.
It is vital to consider your own standard before selecting the lenses. If you are an individual who is still a rookie and is trying to build a career in the field of photography, it is imperative that you might have a lower budget. Therefore, going for fancy lenses just for the sake of professionalism does not make sense. Staying to the primary lenses and brushing up on your skills using them is better.
However, as professionals, you may always tend to go for a broader range of lenses and especially go for the add ons. The Polarizer lenses and Ultraviolet filter lenses are for a more veteran and experienced set of customers. Lastly, the most fundamental thing to keep in mind is that the pictures you click should be working as assets for you that can be hired or sold. In a nutshell, if the purpose of the images is to bring income, then going out of the way to invest in some quality lenses will never be a regretful choice.
In a nutshell, there are various lenses available for T3i. The most suitable ones that fit into the budget range of the customer should be opted for. It is essential to ensure that the lens is compatible with the Canon T3i model that someone owns; otherwise, it will be futile to spend both time and money on the article to be purchased. No matter which item is purchased, the skills of the photographer will be required the most. Lenses are just tools that are meant to assist a camera user.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How are lenses useful for good photography?
Just like different activities require a specific set of skills in order to perform them correctly, different pictures require unique combinations of cameras and their lenses. The zooming and focus ability of the camera can be altered by using different types of lenses. It gives fantastic images to the photographer.
2. Do brands affect the quality of lenses at all?
All the brands that are there in the industry constantly work towards forging more improved lenses simultaneously. There are multiple models that will be deemed comparable with each other. However, for the sole purpose of lens comparison, brands barely affect the quality of images clicked. The only aspect where the brand of the lens might become a factor is its compatibility with camera models. Brands tend to make lenses for the cameras of their own brands so that the collective output is of supreme quality.
3. Is Canon better than Sony based on lenses?
Lenses created by Canon are universal. Most of the model lenses can fit other cameras as well. It makes it easier for people to select lenses. In the case of Sony, the quality has been remarked as “crystal clear” by many critics. However, the lens that fits one camera of Sony may not suit another model.