Paula Deen is a well-known chef and television personality. She is best known for her cooking shows, especially her Southern style of cooking. Deen is also known for her popular recipes, including her air fryer oven recipe.
However, Air fryers are convenient appliances that promised to deliver the same crunchy and tasty food as deep fryers. A study shows that; most people prefer to use air fryers instead of deep fryers since it reduces calorie intake by approximately 70% – 80%.
Don’t think that all air fryers are equally built. Some air fryers are made with poor features that don’t provide any benefits. So, when buying an air fryer, it would be best to buy from a brand. And when the discussion comes to the best family-sized air fryers, no other air fryers can beat the Paula Deen brand. It is a reliable brand that will never break your trust.
This write-up is on Paula deen’s air fryer oven. In this article, We will look into the Paula Deen 13 QT (1700W) XXXL Family-sized air fryer’s specifications and features.
Why is Paula Deen a Good Brand for Air Fryers?
You might be thinking, who is Paula Deen, and why is she so famous? Well, before going to the answer to the headlined question, let me share with you a short bio of Paula Deen.
Paula Deen is a renowned chef who showed immense skill in Southern Culinary. She wrote many cookbooks and appeared in several TV cooking shows. Paula started the food business in 1996. She formed Paula Deen Brand in 2006. This brand sells different quality kitchen appliances.
Due to the combination of Paula Deen’s celebrity status and quality products, the Paula Deen brand gained popularity among many consumers within a short time.
Now, let’s come to the answer to the headline question – why is Paula Deen a good brand for air fryers?
There are several reasons why Paula Deen is a great choice for air fryers.
- First, her products are of high quality. They are designed to last and perform as intended.
- Second, her appliances are easy to use.
- Third, they provide a healthy and delicious cooking experience.
- Fourth, they are affordable.
- Fifth, they come with a warranty.
So if you are looking for an all-around great air fryer brand, look no further than Paula Deen!
Reviews of Paula Deen 13 QT Air Fryer Oven
This is one of the largest air fryers in the market, with a 13 QT capacity. It is large enough to cook food for 15 people at once.
Let’s look at the dimension now. The inside dimension is 9.25” x 10” x 6.5” (L X W X H); it is pretty much spacious that you can cook a large amount of food within a short time because of the extreme air circulation inside the air fryer.
Cheap air fryers can’t cook food evenly, but you will never experience uneven food with this air fryer. It runs at 1700W, and a strong air circulation system provides air to every corner, resulting in evenly cooked food.
Most people think that the kitchen temperature increases when the air fryer operates. The good news is, that your kitchen temperature will remain stable, and it will not leave an oil residue. So, you will always feel pleasant and comfortable in your kitchen.
Don’t forget to check out our Best Ninja BL610 Review!
Controlling and using the machine is a breeze. The knob will light up once the unit is plugged in. Select the power button to illuminate the display. Selecting the power button again will begin the cooking process at the default time and temperature. Setting the power button anytime during the cooking process will stop it.
One thing that needs to keep in mind, after shutting down the air fryer, the fan will stop running within the next 20 seconds. So don’t panic if you see that the fan is running constantly even after you shut it down. Twist the knob to toggle through cooking presets and to change the time and temperature.
Both time and temperature can be adjusted by smoothly turning the knob at the top of the 13QT Paula Deen air fryer oven.
Rapid Air Circulation System:
The air fryer runs at 1700 W power, and the unique rapid air circulation system will cook food faster.
Compared to other air fryers, it uses little oil to cook food. As a result, you will benefit from less fat and equal to 85% fewer calories. However, the food taste is preserved. The food will taste delicious, and you can cook a full family meal at one time.
Ease of Cleaning:
It’s ceramic nonstick coated and so easy to clean! Racks all come out and can run through the dishwasher. It has a drip pan at the borne that can be removed to clean. You can also put foil over it to make it easier.
After cooking, clean the inside of the appliance with a non-abrasive sponge. And use a cleaning brush to remove any food residue from the heating element.
Here are some tips on how to clean the Paula Deen air fryer:
- Unplug the air fryer and wipe down the exterior with a soft cloth.
- Remove all of the food debris inside the air fryer with a spatula or spoon.
- Wipe down the interior with a soft cloth.
- If there is still some food residue on the inner surface, use a small amount of dish soap and water to scrub it clean. Let soap sit for a few minutes before wiping it off with a dry cloth.
- Plug in the air fryer and start
Modern Cooking Options:
This air fryer comes with five cooking presets – French Fries, Grilled Cheese, Roasted Vegetables, Hamburgers, and Hot Dogs. Also, you will get 50 of Paula Deen’s popular air fryer recipes. So you can easily cook your favorite foods!
It also has a keep-warm function so you can continue cooking food while the oven is turned off.
The 13 qt. Paula Deen’s air fryer oven is an all-time favorite! It’s easy to use and comes with modern cooking options like five cooking presets. Plus, it’s easy to clean with a ceramic nonstick coating and drip pan.
Buyers Guide of the Paula Deen 13 QT Air Fryer Oven
Before buying the best air fryer, you must consider some important factors. These are the following:
You have to check the size of an air fryer before buying as it’s an essential factor that you must take into account.
- Extra Small Size: Usually, 1.0 to 2.0 quarts air fryer means extra small size or personal size air fryers like the Dash Compact Air Fryer Oven Cooker or the Elite Gourmet EAF-3218 Personal 1.1Qt. Compact Space Saving Electric Hot Air Fryer. These personal-size air fryers are perfect for 1 or two people.
- Small Size: From 2 to 3 quarts air fryer means small size air fryer like the BLACK+DECKER Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer. Small-size air fryers are perfect for 2-3 people.
- Medium Size: If you’re a family of 3 to 5 people, then you may choose a medium-size air fryer (3 to 5 quarts) like the Ninja AF101 Air Fryer, 4 Qt or the Ultrean Air Fryer, 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Hot Air Fryer.
- Ideal Size or Large Size: The large size is considered from 5.3 to 6 quarts and this size is the best size to cook various sizes of foods. The Ninja AF161 Max XL Air Fryer or the COSORI Air Fryer Max XL(100 Recipes) Digital Hot Oven Cooker are the two best-size air fryers on the market.
- Extra Large Size: However, if you’re looking for an extra-large size (6 to 16 quarts) air fryer to cook food for your large family or a large number of people, then the Paula Deen 13 QT (1700 Watt) XXXL Family-Sized Air Fryer Oven could be the best option.
So, before buying an air fryer, you have to consider the air fryer size and in accordance with the number of your family member, you have to select the size.
It’s also an important factor because the lower wattage of an air fryer means it will take a longer time to cook.
Contrarily, the higher wattage of an air fryer means it will reach a higher temperature quickly. The most favorable air fryer is a 1700-watt air fryer like the Paula Deen Air Fryer.
You may also choose the 1800 Watts air fryer like the Hamilton Beach Air Fryer Convection Countertop Toaster Oven.
Besides, you have to keep in mind that typical kitchen outlets support 800 watts to 1500 watts and that’s why you have to choose air fryers that come with this range of wattage.
Usually, everyone wants to buy products at an affordable price but you must focus on the product quality aside from the price. There are many air fryers in the market that come at a low price, but you must be sure about the product quality and performance.
In fact, you have to buy such air fryers that have users’ good comments and are worth every penny. Don’t buy any product including the air fryer seeing its cheap rate, then your total investment will be in vain.
So, you have to choose air fryers that come with super performance, users’ positive comments as well as reasonable prices.
Versatile Cooking Options
You have to look for air fryers that come with versatile cooking options like the Paula Deen 13 QT (1700 Watt) XXXL Family-Sized Air Fryer Oven. Because, if you want to create a variety of delicious food items, then you must choose the versatile cooking options of air fryers.
If your air fryer comes with cool-touch hand grips then there will be no risk of getting burned while dragging out the basket.
Besides, focus on a non-slip foot-based air fryer so that there will be no chance of slipping off.
And if you want to stop over-cooking of food, then you have to look for an air fryer that has an auto shut-off feature.
So, before buying the best air fryer like the Paula Deen 13 QT (1700 Watt) XXXL Family-Sized Air Fryer, ensure these safety features.
Paula Deen air fryers offer 5 best benefits:
- The large capacity of the air fryers is a significant benefit for all.
- Paula Deen air fryers are versatile and can cook any food type.
- Operating and cleaning are too much effortless.
- Performs faster than other air fryers.
- The pack of all exclusive features makes them a value-adding product.
Who Should Buy Paula Deen 13 QT Air Fryer?
From the air fryer’s name, you can get an idea that this is an ideal air fryer for a large family. It is versatile and much spacious that you can regularly cook nearly anything with it without any trouble.
Also, it operates faster and preserves the real taste of a food item. You can cook different delicious food including chicken, French fries, fish, vegetables, Pizza, Cake, pork and many more.
So, if you are looking for an air fryer that can serve the family well and efficiently, consider buying the Paula Deen 13 QT air fryer.
What Makes The Paula Deen Air Fryer So Unique?
Comes with 8 Preset Functions
- Frequency Fry- 400 Degree Fahrenheit-15 minutes
- Rotisserie – 400 Degree Fahrenheit- 30 minutes
- Fish- 390 Degree Fahrenheit-15 minutes
- Roast- 370 Degree Fahrenheit-25minutes
- Chicken – 370 Degree Fahrenheit-40 minutes
- Bake – 350 Degree Fahrenheit- 30 minutes
- Shrimp – 320 Degree Fahrenheit- 12 minutes
- Dehydrate – 90 Degree Fahrenheit- 4 hours
Simple Touch Control
This Air Fryer Toaster Oven is designed with a simple touch control feature so that you can set the timer and temperature to cook at the precise temperature.
- 2.5 Liter Capacity: This toaster oven comes with a 2.5-liter capacity so that you can cook a lot at once.
- Wide View Window: This oven has a wide view window so that you can monitor your food while it is cooking.
Comes with 50 famous recipes of Paula Deen’s that will help you to make a variety of healthy and delicious meals.
Healthier Food Options
This air fryer oven requires little to no oil to cook food. That’s why your cooking food will have up to 85% fewer calories and less fat. So, ensure healthier food options using the Paula Deen 13 QT (1700 Watt) XXXL Family-Sized Air Fryer Oven.
This fantastic air fryer is very easy to use and very simple to clean. You can easily adjust the time and temps and even your 11-year-old daughter can also use it easily as it comes with presets options.
How to Use Paula Deen Air Fryer?
To start using your Paula Deen Air Fryer, unpack it and set it up according to the instructions that come with it. There is a power button on the top of this air fryer. Once you plug in the air fryer to a smart outlet, the power button will light up. Press the power button down to light up the display.
To set the preset timer, press the timer icon, and press the power button to start. There are three different cooking presets to choose from: low, medium, or high. You can also customize your own settings by adjusting the temperature and time. In the same way, to set the preset temperature, press the temp icon and select the precise temperature and then press the power button to start.
Once you’ve chosen your settings, put your food in the basket and press the start button. The air fryer will do the work for you, cooking your food evenly and quickly without any added oil or fat.
Don’t forget to clean your air fryer regularly by running warm water over it with a mild cleaner like dish soap. This will keep it in top condition so that you can continue enjoying delicious fried foods without having to spend hours frying them yourself!
1. How is an air fryer different from an oven?
The working procedure of an air fryer and oven is quite similar. In an air fryer, the air is circulated quicker than in an oven, and thus, it provides even cooking within a short time.
2. Does it come with any accessories?
The Paula Deen 13 QT Air Fryer Oven includes the following accessories: Cooking Racks (3 pcs), Rotating Basket (1 pcs), Skewers (10 pcs), Drip Tray, Rack, Rotisserie Rod & Fork, and Rotisserie Rod/Skewer Rack Handle.
3. How to use Paula deen air fryer?
Answer: You can learn how to use this air fryer by watching this video!
4. What are the low and high-temperature ranges of this Air Fryer Oven?
The low-temperature range of this Air Fryer Oven is 150ºF and the high-temperature range is 400ºF.
5. Does it go above 400 degrees?
No, It doesn’t go over 400ºF.
6. How big of a turkey can you cook with this Air Fryer Oven?
This Air Fryer Toaster Oven oven is designed to cook a 2-pound chicken.
7. Does this air fryer get really hot on the outside?
No. In accordance with the users’ comments, it doesn’t get hot on the outside.
8. Teflon or ceramic?
Made with ceramic non-stick coating and it’s indeed very easy to clean!
All the features of this Paula deen air fryer oven review will make your cooking session fun. The Paula Deen 13 QT (1700W) XXXL Family-Sized Air Fryer is a quality product that will look beautiful in your kitchen. This will help you keep and stay healthier.
Overall, it is a value for the money item which will surely meet all your requirements.
Enjoy the meal with your family picking the Paula Deen 13 QT (1700W) XXXL Family-Sized Air Fryer!
Further reading on kitchen appliances article!
- The Best Indoor Smokeless Grill Consumer Reports for 2023– Buyers Guide!